Wednesday 18 July 2012

Cherish all the little things

This is a new lo that I finished the other night. I've wanted to work with the photo for a while, and I've had the idea for the lo, it was just finding the time to get it all down. I'm hoping to get a lot more lo's done over the next few weeks.
 The 'journalling' down the side is actually a poem that I found online a while back (unfortunately I can't remember where I got it from), and it sums up every thought and feeling that I wanted to share:
"
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun
You're part of my my little one.
As mother with child, each day I grew,
My mind was filled with thoughts of you.

I'd daydream of the things we'd share
Like late night bottles and teddy bears.
Like first steps and skinned knees,
Like bedtime stories and ABC's.
I thought of things you'd want to know,
Like how birds fly and flowers grow.

I thought of lessons I'd need to share,
Like standing tall and playing fair.
When I first saw your precious face,
I prayed your life be touched with grace.
I thanked the angels from above,
And promised you unending love.

Each night I lay you down to sleep.
I gently kiss your head and cheek.
I count your little fingers and toes;
I memorise your eyes and nose.
I linger at your nursery door,
And each day I love you more.

Through misty eyes, I dim the light,
I whisper 'I love you' every night.
I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
As mother and child our journeys begin,
My heart's yours forever little one."

I'm entering this lo into D.C.C & Friends - Anything Goes challenge.

3 comments:

  1. the sentiment says it all this is a project to cherish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page and that poem fits perfectly, made me cry reading it though! Love Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so chic and Beautiful thanks for sharing and entering our challenge at DCC & FRIENDS x

    ReplyDelete